"...music of the heart that burns on contact." ~Christos Hatzis, Juno Award- winning composer
• 2nd Place winner in the 2021 Songwriter Serenade Competition
• 2019 Banff Centre Singer-Songwriter Residency
• 2017 Finalist in the Songwriter Serenade Competition
• 2017 and 2018 Finalist in Canadian Songwriting Competition
• Performer at Dripping Springs Songwriters Festival, Tay Creek Folk Festival, and Club Passim Campfire Festival
• 2018 Grant Recipient from Ontario Arts Council and Factor Canada
• Featured on Wimberly Valley Radio, San Marcos Community Radio, CBC Metro Morning, CBC Big City Small World, and CJRU The Scope
• Several tours throughout Texas, the East Coast, Ontario, and the Canadian Maritime Provinces
Lindsay Foote has made a career of crafting sincere music built around honest lyricism and vibrant arrangements steeped in folk traditions. The songwriter’s path has been an unconventional one. Though Massachusetts-born, she spent the formative years of her twenties in Toronto, entrenching herself in the diverse music scene. During those years, she released two EPs, became a two-time finalist in the Canadian Songwriting Competition, and completed significant tours through the US and Canada.
She returned to her hometown of Boston in 2019, and has since been making a name for herself in the vibrant folk scene. In January 2020, Foote released her latest EP, Rollercoaster, with a sold out show at Club Passim. On this EP, Foote collaborated with Toronto’s multi-instrumentalist and producer Joel Schwartz. After receiving significant attention on the folk circuit, they decided to work together on her upcoming single “Guarded Heart.” “Guarded Heart” finds her delving deeper into an americana sound, combining traditional folk elements with her signature hook-friendly, songwriting.
"Americana/indie artists like Brandi Carlile and Katie Toupin exude sincerity in each lyric and captivate wholly, Foote shows she has that and then some."
-The Deli, read more here
“[‘Ready’] has as much mainstream appeal as it will for the purest of the form.”
- American Songwriter, read more here
Live show review:
"...it was an intimate experience. It was as though a group of ringers had showed up to a kitchen jam and won over the skeptics. In 2-part harmony, the voices of Lindsay and Chris just WORK together."
-CHSR- 97.9 FM, read more here
"Lindsay's show was so welcoming, it felt like we were in her living room listening to songs and life stories that were seamlessly interwoven. If you haven't seen her yet, make sure you do."
-Ivy Chord Coffeehouse, Reading, MA
"Here are the most celestial & moving folk songs you can imagine — for fans of Norah Jones or Joan Baez"
-RAW RAMP Magazine, read more here
" Lindsay’s rich, sweeping vocals accompanied by the gentle murmur of banjo, lightly strummed acoustics and rich, folk-tinged violins...brings to mind Gemma Hayes or Easy Tiger era Ryan Adams."
-For the Rabbits, read more here
"The one quality that keeps me connected to any music is its Truth and Lindsay’s voice leaves no doubts as to where it comes from and where it is aiming."
-Christos Hatzis, Juno Award- winning composer